Edublog Assignment 3#

kalisis-shadowbox

I live in oakland. The neighborhood i live in created a fun and safe environment and community for me. I think that i am a nice person and i am a hardworking person. As a daughter i think mainly  a good one but at time i could mess up a bit like for an example i may have not always listen to my parents. An assigned identity i claim is being tongan and i also identify as a women.  

To begin with a dominant narrative that is about me is my religion (mormon) they said that there are laws in our religion that they enforce us that we can’t do a lot on things like drink coffee and it is instructed for us to follow but to be honest they do not enforce us to do that they just say that it is bad and if we did choose it wouldnt like kill them or something. This image kinda offended me and it hurt that they thought that we are forced to thing we don’t want to. 

A counter narrative about me is that since i am tongan many believe that we don’t get along with samoans. A counter narrative is when you tell the side on your story. This made me feel sad because we don’t hate others based on their race or other things. 

Furthermore In my shadowbox an image that explained a lot about me is the oakland basketball team the warriors because it shows my sporty side of me and how i started liking warriors was because on my dad and my brothers they would always watch it together so this reminded me on how i spent time with my family. 

In  conclusion people see me as a hardworking and nice person. If people really knew me they would know that i take a lot on risk and that i am very confident and shy at the same time. Telling the story of who i am is really important because what a dominant narrative tells about me is what they hear and see in their perspective but they haven’t really know me to know that what they say may not all me true . What i learn in this unit is getting to know myself more and how i tell others and show them what kind on person i am and not just what people are saying.